I recently settled a class action claim due to defective Masonite siding on my 18 year old home. I am now faced with the challenge of completely residing my house. I am considering vinyl siding but I am not sure whether I need to remove the old siding or not. I have varying degrees of rot throughout the exterior and a couple of areas where the siding has buckled. In addition, some of the edge boards and window moldings are rotted as well. I am also considering stripping the entire exterior and replacing the windows as well. Any suggestions as to what my best options are would be greatly appreciated???
Painting or Siding?
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!