I recently settled a class action claim due to defective Masonite siding on my 18 year old home. I am now faced with the challenge of completely residing my house. I am considering vinyl siding but I am not sure whether I need to remove the old siding or not. I have varying degrees of rot throughout the exterior and a couple of areas where the siding has buckled. In addition, some of the edge boards and window moldings are rotted as well. I am also considering stripping the entire exterior and replacing the windows as well. Any suggestions as to what my best options are would be greatly appreciated???
Painting or Siding?
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
Siding over foam??
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight