I recently settled a class action claim due to defective Masonite siding on my 18 year old home. I am now faced with the challenge of completely residing my house. I am considering vinyl siding but I am not sure whether I need to remove the old siding or not. I have varying degrees of rot throughout the exterior and a couple of areas where the siding has buckled. In addition, some of the edge boards and window moldings are rotted as well. I am also considering stripping the entire exterior and replacing the windows as well. Any suggestions as to what my best options are would be greatly appreciated???
Painting or Siding?
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects