I recently settled a class action claim due to defective Masonite siding on my 18 year old home. I am now faced with the challenge of completely residing my house. I am considering vinyl siding but I am not sure whether I need to remove the old siding or not. I have varying degrees of rot throughout the exterior and a couple of areas where the siding has buckled. In addition, some of the edge boards and window moldings are rotted as well. I am also considering stripping the entire exterior and replacing the windows as well. Any suggestions as to what my best options are would be greatly appreciated???
Painting or Siding?
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
Siding over foam??
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING