Hi. We're overwhelmed with flooring choices. We need to replace approximately 500 square feet of flooring - currently carpeted, with either laminate or bamboo. The subfloor, from what we can tell is lightweight concrete. Here are the questions. 1. It seems like the prices for the raw materials (bamboo and Pergo type products) are in the same ball park. Is installation more expensive for laminate or bamboo. 2. Since we have downstairs neighbors and don't want to make enemies, which would be quieter?
3. Which is easier to maintain? We're in the Los Angeles area...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
which flooring would work best for me?
Choosing a floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps