Hi. We're overwhelmed with flooring choices. We need to replace approximately 500 square feet of flooring - currently carpeted, with either laminate or bamboo. The subfloor, from what we can tell is lightweight concrete. Here are the questions. 1. It seems like the prices for the raw materials (bamboo and Pergo type products) are in the same ball park. Is installation more expensive for laminate or bamboo. 2. Since we have downstairs neighbors and don't want to make enemies, which would be quieter?
3. Which is easier to maintain? We're in the Los Angeles area...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
which flooring would work best for me?
Choosing a floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- Best Solutions for Every Messy Kitchen Drawer
- 8 DIY Storage Ideas for a Closet-less Room
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- The Toilets of Tomorrow