Hi. We're overwhelmed with flooring choices. We need to replace approximately 500 square feet of flooring - currently carpeted, with either laminate or bamboo. The subfloor, from what we can tell is lightweight concrete. Here are the questions. 1. It seems like the prices for the raw materials (bamboo and Pergo type products) are in the same ball park. Is installation more expensive for laminate or bamboo. 2. Since we have downstairs neighbors and don't want to make enemies, which would be quieter?
3. Which is easier to maintain? We're in the Los Angeles area...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
which flooring would work best for me?
Choosing a floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs