Hi. We're overwhelmed with flooring choices. We need to replace approximately 500 square feet of flooring - currently carpeted, with either laminate or bamboo. The subfloor, from what we can tell is lightweight concrete. Here are the questions. 1. It seems like the prices for the raw materials (bamboo and Pergo type products) are in the same ball park. Is installation more expensive for laminate or bamboo. 2. Since we have downstairs neighbors and don't want to make enemies, which would be quieter?
3. Which is easier to maintain? We're in the Los Angeles area...any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
Laminate Vs Engineered Hardwood Vs Hardwood Flooring...
which flooring would work best for me?
Lumber Liquidators Brazilian Teak Nightmare
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects