I am laying down an unsealed limestone tile (smoothe surface)in our front hall. I am told that the limestone is very porous and I need to seal the tile before grouting - or the grout will stain the tile. I have a ********** sealant called "SurfaceGard Penetrating Sealer" with Teflon. Will this suffice, or do I need to purchase something else.
Another question - we wanted to add Stainless steel accent tiles, but are able to only find those 1/4" thick - vs. the 3/8" of the floor tile. Can you just put an extra heavy layer of mastic underneath it to even out the floor heights - or am I just asking for trouble.
Any help would be appreciated
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!