I am laying down an unsealed limestone tile (smoothe surface)in our front hall. I am told that the limestone is very porous and I need to seal the tile before grouting - or the grout will stain the tile. I have a ********** sealant called "SurfaceGard Penetrating Sealer" with Teflon. Will this suffice, or do I need to purchase something else.
Another question - we wanted to add Stainless steel accent tiles, but are able to only find those 1/4" thick - vs. the 3/8" of the floor tile. Can you just put an extra heavy layer of mastic underneath it to even out the floor heights - or am I just asking for trouble.
Any help would be appreciated
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!