I am thinking about putting ceramic tiles on a archway between two rooms. Do I need to put down some sort of foundation? The walls in the house are lathe & plaster, this doorway arch I am not certain of - it appears to be part of remodel by one of the previous owners. Can ceramic tiles be used in the arch? What's the best way to secure the overhead ones while adhesive is drying? Is there a adhesive that is best to use? And what's the best way to finish the sides/edges? I am thinking about using small tiles. Also has anyone used tiles on the vertical face of stairs?
Subflooring for ceramic tile
2 different tile sizes for shower
CAN CERAMIC TILE BE LAID OVER CERAMIC TILE...HELP!?!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!