My dishwasher backed up on my shaw versalock laminate flooring yesterday morning ruining enough boards for that section to be replaced. The laminate runs continuously into my dining room and there is no problem in there. I had a floor professional look at it today and he said one of my problems may be trying to get the right color match as the floor was put in December 2001.
Well my conclusion is it would be nice to have the floor look the same again but when another water mishap happens I am back to this again. He mentioned vinyl along side the laminate in the dining room. I replaced vinyl with the laminate for a nicer look and use. He mentioned a new type of Tarkett vinyl that is suppose to be nice. Any suggestions or information on a nice looking and good quality vinyl to mesh with my laminated dining room? Any help would be appreciated.
You do have a choice. Mannington now manufactures a laminate floor with a synthetic core, and they guarentee it to be waterproof. Its a premium laminate floor, but is fairly easy to install. Looks like the ideal solution for potential wet installations to me. My dad has an unruly dog, and I suggested he install this as an alternative to other laminates or carpeting. It works.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!