My dishwasher backed up on my shaw versalock laminate flooring yesterday morning ruining enough boards for that section to be replaced. The laminate runs continuously into my dining room and there is no problem in there. I had a floor professional look at it today and he said one of my problems may be trying to get the right color match as the floor was put in December 2001.
Well my conclusion is it would be nice to have the floor look the same again but when another water mishap happens I am back to this again. He mentioned vinyl along side the laminate in the dining room. I replaced vinyl with the laminate for a nicer look and use. He mentioned a new type of Tarkett vinyl that is suppose to be nice. Any suggestions or information on a nice looking and good quality vinyl to mesh with my laminated dining room? Any help would be appreciated.
You do have a choice. Mannington now manufactures a laminate floor with a synthetic core, and they guarentee it to be waterproof. Its a premium laminate floor, but is fairly easy to install. Looks like the ideal solution for potential wet installations to me. My dad has an unruly dog, and I suggested he install this as an alternative to other laminates or carpeting. It works.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight