I am going to install laminate soon, but my question is what to do or how to when the flooring comes to the top edge of a stairway going down? I dont know the transion of the two, floor to step. I dont want laminate on the stair they will be oak stairs.
Most manufacturers provide stair nose. It joins the laminate floor, and lays over the last riser on the stair. You can buy full stair treads and risers, but in this case you only want the stair nose. It is usually sold in one length, so you will probably have to cut to length and have some waste. This web site describes the transition:
Thanks for the help, I am or did already remove carpet, I am putting laminate on livingroom floor, and it goes to the stairs, i will be putting new Oak stair treads in also, but the riser's will be tile that matches the landing area, I checked out the stair nose and that is cool, I will check out *******.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes