I really have two questions about refinishing my living room floor. I sanded and finished the floor (old pine planks) about ten years ago. I am redoing the living room and want to run a light sanding and put a new coat of varnish over without doing a full sanding. I think I used water-borne (Varathane Diamond), but I'm not positive.
Is there a way to tell if it's water- or oil-based?
Is my above plan a reasonable thing to do with the floor?
Thanks for any help.
type of wood floor
resealing wood floor without totally sanding the who...
solid wood floor meets sliding glass door
Cleaning a really dirty wood floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects