About 3 yrs ago I bought a 61 yr-old home. Shortly after moving in when walking barefoot on the floor, I noticed that the hardwoods were a little 'wavy' near the front door.
Last October 2003, the floors buckled up about 2 inches in a matter of a few weeks. I installed gutters and gutter helmet to minimize water running under my home in the crawl space. I then re-sided the home and discovered a leak which I thought fixed the problem. The floor relaxed a little then popped back up higher than before. The moisture meter reads '21' and the floor guy thinks water standing under my pier & beam home is the culprit. I then hired a guy to install a drain under my home to drain off excess water. He tells me that there isn't any water standing under my home. I am totally clue-less as to why my floors are buckling....
It may provide a clue to know that the previous seller made some kind of repair to the hardwoods and subfloor. I know this because when we ripped up a few pieces of hardwood, you could see where the original plywood subfloor ends and the new begins.
Adhesive on brand new prefinished hardwoods!
Hardwood Flooring is Buckling and Moldy
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
Hardwood floor buckling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!