About 3 yrs ago I bought a 61 yr-old home. Shortly after moving in when walking barefoot on the floor, I noticed that the hardwoods were a little 'wavy' near the front door.
Last October 2003, the floors buckled up about 2 inches in a matter of a few weeks. I installed gutters and gutter helmet to minimize water running under my home in the crawl space. I then re-sided the home and discovered a leak which I thought fixed the problem. The floor relaxed a little then popped back up higher than before. The moisture meter reads '21' and the floor guy thinks water standing under my pier & beam home is the culprit. I then hired a guy to install a drain under my home to drain off excess water. He tells me that there isn't any water standing under my home. I am totally clue-less as to why my floors are buckling....
It may provide a clue to know that the previous seller made some kind of repair to the hardwoods and subfloor. I know this because when we ripped up a few pieces of hardwood, you could see where the original plywood subfloor ends and the new begins.
Adhesive on brand new prefinished hardwoods!
Hardwood Flooring is Buckling and Moldy
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
Hardwood floor buckling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects