About 3 yrs ago I bought a 61 yr-old home. Shortly after moving in when walking barefoot on the floor, I noticed that the hardwoods were a little 'wavy' near the front door.
Last October 2003, the floors buckled up about 2 inches in a matter of a few weeks. I installed gutters and gutter helmet to minimize water running under my home in the crawl space. I then re-sided the home and discovered a leak which I thought fixed the problem. The floor relaxed a little then popped back up higher than before. The moisture meter reads '21' and the floor guy thinks water standing under my pier & beam home is the culprit. I then hired a guy to install a drain under my home to drain off excess water. He tells me that there isn't any water standing under my home. I am totally clue-less as to why my floors are buckling....
It may provide a clue to know that the previous seller made some kind of repair to the hardwoods and subfloor. I know this because when we ripped up a few pieces of hardwood, you could see where the original plywood subfloor ends and the new begins.
Adhesive on brand new prefinished hardwoods!
Hardwood Flooring is Buckling and Moldy
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
Hardwood floor buckling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love