About 3 yrs ago I bought a 61 yr-old home. Shortly after moving in when walking barefoot on the floor, I noticed that the hardwoods were a little 'wavy' near the front door.
Last October 2003, the floors buckled up about 2 inches in a matter of a few weeks. I installed gutters and gutter helmet to minimize water running under my home in the crawl space. I then re-sided the home and discovered a leak which I thought fixed the problem. The floor relaxed a little then popped back up higher than before. The moisture meter reads '21' and the floor guy thinks water standing under my pier & beam home is the culprit. I then hired a guy to install a drain under my home to drain off excess water. He tells me that there isn't any water standing under my home. I am totally clue-less as to why my floors are buckling....
It may provide a clue to know that the previous seller made some kind of repair to the hardwoods and subfloor. I know this because when we ripped up a few pieces of hardwood, you could see where the original plywood subfloor ends and the new begins.
Adhesive on brand new prefinished hardwoods!
Hardwood Flooring is Buckling and Moldy
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
Hardwood floor buckling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps