About 3 yrs ago I bought a 61 yr-old home. Shortly after moving in when walking barefoot on the floor, I noticed that the hardwoods were a little 'wavy' near the front door.
Last October 2003, the floors buckled up about 2 inches in a matter of a few weeks. I installed gutters and gutter helmet to minimize water running under my home in the crawl space. I then re-sided the home and discovered a leak which I thought fixed the problem. The floor relaxed a little then popped back up higher than before. The moisture meter reads '21' and the floor guy thinks water standing under my pier & beam home is the culprit. I then hired a guy to install a drain under my home to drain off excess water. He tells me that there isn't any water standing under my home. I am totally clue-less as to why my floors are buckling....
It may provide a clue to know that the previous seller made some kind of repair to the hardwoods and subfloor. I know this because when we ripped up a few pieces of hardwood, you could see where the original plywood subfloor ends and the new begins.
Adhesive on brand new prefinished hardwoods!
Hardwood Flooring is Buckling and Moldy
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
Hardwood floor buckling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips