I have little experiance in tiling, I have tiled the floors in my living room and kitchen. I am getting ready to do my upstairs bathroom. A freind of mine (does tile for a living) told me that I would need to lay down a sheet of 1/8 inch Dur-a-rock before I do anything. He told me to screw it down and then tile over it. This is all fine and dandy but he has since moved and after thinking about it, the 1/8 inch Dur-a-rock + the thinset + the tile is going to make the bathroom floor higher than the hallway floor. My freind gave me a peace of marble he called a threshold. Does this have anything to do with leveing the two floors or is it for something else? Also, is there a certain type of screws to use when attaching the Dura-rock to the floor? Last, my freind also told me to replace the wax ring and screws for the toilet, I figured the wax ring but why the screws?
old router brushes
Porpane White Westinghouse oven Model #WGF325BAWA. .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes