We are reshimgling and had to drive 300 miles last night in a rented truck in order to pickup shingles that were made last year, before the company changed the specs, in order that we might get a closer match.
I learned a valuable lesson... if the same manufacturer produces them at two separate plants you better get yours from the same plant if you want to have a close match to the ones you installed the previous year. Thats why I had to stop the contractors and jump through hoops to find some manufactured last year. Oh well.......
QUESTION: Somme of the shingles were damp (wet) when removed from the plastic bundle cover. Does this hurt anything if they are somewhat damp when installed? Will they dry underneath OK?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!