We are reshimgling and had to drive 300 miles last night in a rented truck in order to pickup shingles that were made last year, before the company changed the specs, in order that we might get a closer match.
I learned a valuable lesson... if the same manufacturer produces them at two separate plants you better get yours from the same plant if you want to have a close match to the ones you installed the previous year. Thats why I had to stop the contractors and jump through hoops to find some manufactured last year. Oh well.......
QUESTION: Somme of the shingles were damp (wet) when removed from the plastic bundle cover. Does this hurt anything if they are somewhat damp when installed? Will they dry underneath OK?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love