We are reshimgling and had to drive 300 miles last night in a rented truck in order to pickup shingles that were made last year, before the company changed the specs, in order that we might get a closer match.
I learned a valuable lesson... if the same manufacturer produces them at two separate plants you better get yours from the same plant if you want to have a close match to the ones you installed the previous year. Thats why I had to stop the contractors and jump through hoops to find some manufactured last year. Oh well.......
QUESTION: Somme of the shingles were damp (wet) when removed from the plastic bundle cover. Does this hurt anything if they are somewhat damp when installed? Will they dry underneath OK?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects