I received a grant 2 summers ago to remodel my trailer - yes indeed, I'm trailer trash. We compltetely replaced all the floors with 3/4" plywood instead of the pressboard they come with. Because I have dogs and do some rescue work with puppymill dogs, the contractor recommended medium traffic commercial carpet, though I wanted something less pervious.
Now, 2 yrs later, I can't keep this darned stuff from unraveling at the seams, and just plain can't get it clean.
I need very serious advice about cost-conscious recommendations for an impervious alternative.... go vinyl with area rugs, real tile, laminate or what ???
Thank you very much.
I REALLY love ceramic tile, but was concerned about the flex in the floor. In fact, the vinyl I put in the kitchen and bathroom is made to resemble 12 x 12 tile...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!