I received a grant 2 summers ago to remodel my trailer - yes indeed, I'm trailer trash. We compltetely replaced all the floors with 3/4" plywood instead of the pressboard they come with. Because I have dogs and do some rescue work with puppymill dogs, the contractor recommended medium traffic commercial carpet, though I wanted something less pervious.
Now, 2 yrs later, I can't keep this darned stuff from unraveling at the seams, and just plain can't get it clean.
I need very serious advice about cost-conscious recommendations for an impervious alternative.... go vinyl with area rugs, real tile, laminate or what ???
Thank you very much.
I REALLY love ceramic tile, but was concerned about the flex in the floor. In fact, the vinyl I put in the kitchen and bathroom is made to resemble 12 x 12 tile...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!