I received a grant 2 summers ago to remodel my trailer - yes indeed, I'm trailer trash. We compltetely replaced all the floors with 3/4" plywood instead of the pressboard they come with. Because I have dogs and do some rescue work with puppymill dogs, the contractor recommended medium traffic commercial carpet, though I wanted something less pervious.
Now, 2 yrs later, I can't keep this darned stuff from unraveling at the seams, and just plain can't get it clean.
I need very serious advice about cost-conscious recommendations for an impervious alternative.... go vinyl with area rugs, real tile, laminate or what ???
Thank you very much.
I REALLY love ceramic tile, but was concerned about the flex in the floor. In fact, the vinyl I put in the kitchen and bathroom is made to resemble 12 x 12 tile...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects