My new ceramic tile floor in my kitchen went well. However, after grouting I can't get all the grout up off the face of the tiles. These are glazed ceramic tiles. The are not flat, they have small ridges and valleys for a very natural look. However, I now have dried grout in all the valleys or veins of the tile. Today I bought a grout haze remover. This was not strong enough to remove the dried grout in the "veins" of the tiles. What next? Can I scrape with steel brush? Will that scratch the tile?
Any comments welcome
Im not a pro but I just did my kitchen and I was told to use muratic acid. Mix it lightly, sponge it on and let it set for a couple of minutes and sponge off with clean water. Dont use a strong mixture and you may indeed have to increase the strength a little if it doesnt work the first time. Use a small area to test on first. I used it on my kitchen project and it worked well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes