Please could I have some advice! We are redecorating the bathroom and want to tile the bath wall. Should we tile before or after the insertion of the new bath.
Maybe a silly question but any help gratefully received!!
If you are installing a traditional bath tub, set the tile after the tub is installed. The tub will have a small vertical lip on the wall sides. The tile flashes over this lip to keep water from getting behind the wall (the face of the tile actually "hangs" over this lip). The joint between the tub and the first tile is left open for about 1/8" and then caulked with a flexible sealant. In the past this joint was grouted, but modern sealants are much better. The color of the sealant should match that of the tile grout.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects