Please could I have some advice! We are redecorating the bathroom and want to tile the bath wall. Should we tile before or after the insertion of the new bath.
Maybe a silly question but any help gratefully received!!
If you are installing a traditional bath tub, set the tile after the tub is installed. The tub will have a small vertical lip on the wall sides. The tile flashes over this lip to keep water from getting behind the wall (the face of the tile actually "hangs" over this lip). The joint between the tub and the first tile is left open for about 1/8" and then caulked with a flexible sealant. In the past this joint was grouted, but modern sealants are much better. The color of the sealant should match that of the tile grout.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers