Please could I have some advice! We are redecorating the bathroom and want to tile the bath wall. Should we tile before or after the insertion of the new bath.
Maybe a silly question but any help gratefully received!!
If you are installing a traditional bath tub, set the tile after the tub is installed. The tub will have a small vertical lip on the wall sides. The tile flashes over this lip to keep water from getting behind the wall (the face of the tile actually "hangs" over this lip). The joint between the tub and the first tile is left open for about 1/8" and then caulked with a flexible sealant. In the past this joint was grouted, but modern sealants are much better. The color of the sealant should match that of the tile grout.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!