Please could I have some advice! We are redecorating the bathroom and want to tile the bath wall. Should we tile before or after the insertion of the new bath.
Maybe a silly question but any help gratefully received!!
If you are installing a traditional bath tub, set the tile after the tub is installed. The tub will have a small vertical lip on the wall sides. The tile flashes over this lip to keep water from getting behind the wall (the face of the tile actually "hangs" over this lip). The joint between the tub and the first tile is left open for about 1/8" and then caulked with a flexible sealant. In the past this joint was grouted, but modern sealants are much better. The color of the sealant should match that of the tile grout.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love