Not sure whether I'm posting in the right place or not. If not, could someone direct me please? We have 2 year old commercial berber made of Olefin in our bonus room. First time I shampooed it several buckles or ripples showed up and never went away. I lived with them for awhile, and then decided to redo the room, order new furniture, paint the walls, and cover most of the carpet with area rugs. New leather furniture was damaged when received. The "technician" who was sent to repair it mixed dark brown dyes over our white carpet and spilled some dye on it. Not only that but he dragged one of his "crayons" across the carpet with his toolbox and made a few marks over a 2ft by 2ft area. He sprayed the heck out of the area with a solvent-type cleaner in an aerosol can. I mean, he saturated it, and scrubbed the heck out of it. The stains came out, but now there are a couple of ripples in the carpet that won't go away. Furniture store told us to get an estimate to fix it. We had carpet installers come today, expecting to have the carpet restretched. Installers seemed to think that stretching would do no good. Suggested that the cleaner might have delaminated the carpet. What do you think, oh carpet experts out there? Is our carpet ruined, or can it be fixed?
Removing wall to wall carpet
Can a plug-in wall light be changed to a hardwire li...
I accidentally stripped my hardwood floor....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes