We have purchased prefinished flooring and
laid 3/4 of the floor before stopping and pulling the whole thing up.
The flooring is uneven, the base lumber 3/4 X 3 1/4" is not the same. The tongue and grooves are cut at different heights. If you look at
the back of the floor the stress(?)grooves are different. Still tells me the raw material has come from different mills or at least different machines within a mill.
I am told by the manufacturer to re-cut the
T&G. on a table saw. These is impractical, I'm not sure if it would even work and at $4.96/sq ft I don't think I should need to do such a think.
All suggestions, ideas welcome, as our dining room furntiure is in our living room and Christmas is rapidly approaching.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love