We have purchased prefinished flooring and
laid 3/4 of the floor before stopping and pulling the whole thing up.
The flooring is uneven, the base lumber 3/4 X 3 1/4" is not the same. The tongue and grooves are cut at different heights. If you look at
the back of the floor the stress(?)grooves are different. Still tells me the raw material has come from different mills or at least different machines within a mill.
I am told by the manufacturer to re-cut the
T&G. on a table saw. These is impractical, I'm not sure if it would even work and at $4.96/sq ft I don't think I should need to do such a think.
All suggestions, ideas welcome, as our dining room furntiure is in our living room and Christmas is rapidly approaching.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects