not only did lumber liquidators talk me out of domestic hickory, they also said I should go with 1/2" instead of 3/4...said it was more forgiving.. according to the knuckleheads at lumber diquidators, cypress is a swamp wood that does not suffer from huge temp/humidity changes as do our domestic species..
I am of the mindset that lumber liquidators merely have warm bodies to peddle overstock or factory seconds.
I cant wait to rip this stuff out in spring and burn $2000 worth of flooring.
I have andersons hickory handscraped in our main lake home... we are on a slab so engineered was the only way to go..
we went through a reputable dealer locally and love the flooring, its 3 years old and wearing great ! I believe the color is called cider?
for our secondary home [also on a lake] we wanted a true hardwood as a slab wasnt an issue...
we cant believe what sh!t bellawoods products turned out to be.
its a joke really... we gave them all the necessary info they needed TO ACTUALLY REPLACE OUR FLOORING...WE WERE WELL WITHIN EVERY SPEC. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION AND l>l> STILL TOLD US TO GET BENT.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES WAS ABISMOL, AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, FURTHER STEER CLEAR OF BELLAWOOD.
BUY FROM A REPUTABLE FLOORING STORE, NOT AN OUTLET POSING AS ONE.
IN THE END YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects