not only did lumber liquidators talk me out of domestic hickory, they also said I should go with 1/2" instead of 3/4...said it was more forgiving.. according to the knuckleheads at lumber diquidators, cypress is a swamp wood that does not suffer from huge temp/humidity changes as do our domestic species..
I am of the mindset that lumber liquidators merely have warm bodies to peddle overstock or factory seconds.
I cant wait to rip this stuff out in spring and burn $2000 worth of flooring.
I have andersons hickory handscraped in our main lake home... we are on a slab so engineered was the only way to go..
we went through a reputable dealer locally and love the flooring, its 3 years old and wearing great ! I believe the color is called cider?
for our secondary home [also on a lake] we wanted a true hardwood as a slab wasnt an issue...
we cant believe what sh!t bellawoods products turned out to be.
its a joke really... we gave them all the necessary info they needed TO ACTUALLY REPLACE OUR FLOORING...WE WERE WELL WITHIN EVERY SPEC. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION AND l>l> STILL TOLD US TO GET BENT.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES WAS ABISMOL, AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, FURTHER STEER CLEAR OF BELLAWOOD.
BUY FROM A REPUTABLE FLOORING STORE, NOT AN OUTLET POSING AS ONE.
IN THE END YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!