not only did lumber liquidators talk me out of domestic hickory, they also said I should go with 1/2" instead of 3/4...said it was more forgiving.. according to the knuckleheads at lumber diquidators, cypress is a swamp wood that does not suffer from huge temp/humidity changes as do our domestic species..
I am of the mindset that lumber liquidators merely have warm bodies to peddle overstock or factory seconds.
I cant wait to rip this stuff out in spring and burn $2000 worth of flooring.
I have andersons hickory handscraped in our main lake home... we are on a slab so engineered was the only way to go..
we went through a reputable dealer locally and love the flooring, its 3 years old and wearing great ! I believe the color is called cider?
for our secondary home [also on a lake] we wanted a true hardwood as a slab wasnt an issue...
we cant believe what sh!t bellawoods products turned out to be.
its a joke really... we gave them all the necessary info they needed TO ACTUALLY REPLACE OUR FLOORING...WE WERE WELL WITHIN EVERY SPEC. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION AND l>l> STILL TOLD US TO GET BENT.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES WAS ABISMOL, AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, FURTHER STEER CLEAR OF BELLAWOOD.
BUY FROM A REPUTABLE FLOORING STORE, NOT AN OUTLET POSING AS ONE.
IN THE END YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees