not only did lumber liquidators talk me out of domestic hickory, they also said I should go with 1/2" instead of 3/4...said it was more forgiving.. according to the knuckleheads at lumber diquidators, cypress is a swamp wood that does not suffer from huge temp/humidity changes as do our domestic species..
I am of the mindset that lumber liquidators merely have warm bodies to peddle overstock or factory seconds.
I cant wait to rip this stuff out in spring and burn $2000 worth of flooring.
I have andersons hickory handscraped in our main lake home... we are on a slab so engineered was the only way to go..
we went through a reputable dealer locally and love the flooring, its 3 years old and wearing great ! I believe the color is called cider?
for our secondary home [also on a lake] we wanted a true hardwood as a slab wasnt an issue...
we cant believe what sh!t bellawoods products turned out to be.
its a joke really... we gave them all the necessary info they needed TO ACTUALLY REPLACE OUR FLOORING...WE WERE WELL WITHIN EVERY SPEC. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION AND l>l> STILL TOLD US TO GET BENT.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES WAS ABISMOL, AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, FURTHER STEER CLEAR OF BELLAWOOD.
BUY FROM A REPUTABLE FLOORING STORE, NOT AN OUTLET POSING AS ONE.
IN THE END YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates