not only did lumber liquidators talk me out of domestic hickory, they also said I should go with 1/2" instead of 3/4...said it was more forgiving.. according to the knuckleheads at lumber diquidators, cypress is a swamp wood that does not suffer from huge temp/humidity changes as do our domestic species..
I am of the mindset that lumber liquidators merely have warm bodies to peddle overstock or factory seconds.
I cant wait to rip this stuff out in spring and burn $2000 worth of flooring.
I have andersons hickory handscraped in our main lake home... we are on a slab so engineered was the only way to go..
we went through a reputable dealer locally and love the flooring, its 3 years old and wearing great ! I believe the color is called cider?
for our secondary home [also on a lake] we wanted a true hardwood as a slab wasnt an issue...
we cant believe what sh!t bellawoods products turned out to be.
its a joke really... we gave them all the necessary info they needed TO ACTUALLY REPLACE OUR FLOORING...WE WERE WELL WITHIN EVERY SPEC. PRIOR TO INSTALLATION AND l>l> STILL TOLD US TO GET BENT.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES WAS ABISMOL, AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS, FURTHER STEER CLEAR OF BELLAWOOD.
BUY FROM A REPUTABLE FLOORING STORE, NOT AN OUTLET POSING AS ONE.
IN THE END YOU'LL THANK YOURSELF !!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight