I have done some floor tile and wall work for a family members. Some ceramic and some vinyl. They love my work.
Now I got a big head and I'm thinking of going into business, just on the side.
The problem is I'm not sure how to price a job. Should I go by square footage plus materials or give a flat rate?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
i too am new in the business and looked into pricing. most tilers charge per square foot plus materials. now all i need to know is how much to charge per square foot. any ideas? im doing a tile backsplash right now.
prices vary widely around the country. I charge $5 a sq ft labor only here in NJ. Prep work is extra, diagonal and other special patterns are extra, stone tiles are extra and mosaics are extra. Travel time and jobsite conditions also come into play. Figure out the time for the whole job and figure in what you want in your pocket each day after expenses. Whatever that comes to, work it into an hourly rate or a square ft rate or a whole job rate. Whole job is easiest to deal with, any add-ons become extras.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes