I have done some floor tile and wall work for a family members. Some ceramic and some vinyl. They love my work.
Now I got a big head and I'm thinking of going into business, just on the side.
The problem is I'm not sure how to price a job. Should I go by square footage plus materials or give a flat rate?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
i too am new in the business and looked into pricing. most tilers charge per square foot plus materials. now all i need to know is how much to charge per square foot. any ideas? im doing a tile backsplash right now.
prices vary widely around the country. I charge $5 a sq ft labor only here in NJ. Prep work is extra, diagonal and other special patterns are extra, stone tiles are extra and mosaics are extra. Travel time and jobsite conditions also come into play. Figure out the time for the whole job and figure in what you want in your pocket each day after expenses. Whatever that comes to, work it into an hourly rate or a square ft rate or a whole job rate. Whole job is easiest to deal with, any add-ons become extras.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs