I have done some floor tile and wall work for a family members. Some ceramic and some vinyl. They love my work.
Now I got a big head and I'm thinking of going into business, just on the side.
The problem is I'm not sure how to price a job. Should I go by square footage plus materials or give a flat rate?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
i too am new in the business and looked into pricing. most tilers charge per square foot plus materials. now all i need to know is how much to charge per square foot. any ideas? im doing a tile backsplash right now.
prices vary widely around the country. I charge $5 a sq ft labor only here in NJ. Prep work is extra, diagonal and other special patterns are extra, stone tiles are extra and mosaics are extra. Travel time and jobsite conditions also come into play. Figure out the time for the whole job and figure in what you want in your pocket each day after expenses. Whatever that comes to, work it into an hourly rate or a square ft rate or a whole job rate. Whole job is easiest to deal with, any add-ons become extras.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY