I have done some floor tile and wall work for a family members. Some ceramic and some vinyl. They love my work.
Now I got a big head and I'm thinking of going into business, just on the side.
The problem is I'm not sure how to price a job. Should I go by square footage plus materials or give a flat rate?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
i too am new in the business and looked into pricing. most tilers charge per square foot plus materials. now all i need to know is how much to charge per square foot. any ideas? im doing a tile backsplash right now.
prices vary widely around the country. I charge $5 a sq ft labor only here in NJ. Prep work is extra, diagonal and other special patterns are extra, stone tiles are extra and mosaics are extra. Travel time and jobsite conditions also come into play. Figure out the time for the whole job and figure in what you want in your pocket each day after expenses. Whatever that comes to, work it into an hourly rate or a square ft rate or a whole job rate. Whole job is easiest to deal with, any add-ons become extras.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps