I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to mention that it’s a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other appliances I can use to keep the new finish “new??”
Well, I agree, daily vacuuming would be great, but who has the time for that? Is there really such a thing as a whole house vacuum system? I've heard that the Roomba is good for hardwood floors... especially newly refinished ones like yours. You can leave it running with no supervision, and it apparently cleans pretty thoroughly. The robot can recognize stairs as well, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. Plus, it's much smaller than a regular upright. Or, maybe you could invest in a buffer or something along those lines.
BRAND NEW IN BOX 3 Pantry Kitchen Cabients Youngstow...
Putting area rugs at your place can transform your home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!