I'm installing a pre finished hardwood 3 1/4 inch floor in the living room. After 4 rows were installed I measured a 3/16" runout or deviation from the middle of the floor back to one end of the last course.Another words one end is 102" from the last course to center and the the other end is 102 3/16". It's noticeable to me,everything is flush,nailed and tight. I am barely 1/4 of the way into this room. With about 20 rows left to lay is this problem going to get worse or is their a solution from the point I'm at.
Sorry you didn't get the reply you were looking for. The 3/16 deviation is pretty minor and won't be noticeable. I would continue installing the floor all the way to the walls. You will be leaving a small gap at the wall to allow expansion, and covering that with baseboard or trim. I have sometimes made an adjustment over several courses of flooring. Just adding a fingernail of additional width (not snugging up the boards as tight) can make a difference over several courses. You will need some chalk lines to use as reference points so you don't overdo it, or end up with a curve. If it was a larger error, I might share your concern, but this should only be noticeable to you when complete.
can i install hardwood flooring over tile?
ok, update on hardwood floor installation procedures
Improperly laid hardwood flooring
Hardwood flooring - basics - newbie
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes