I'm installing a pre finished hardwood 3 1/4 inch floor in the living room. After 4 rows were installed I measured a 3/16" runout or deviation from the middle of the floor back to one end of the last course.Another words one end is 102" from the last course to center and the the other end is 102 3/16". It's noticeable to me,everything is flush,nailed and tight. I am barely 1/4 of the way into this room. With about 20 rows left to lay is this problem going to get worse or is their a solution from the point I'm at.
Sorry you didn't get the reply you were looking for. The 3/16 deviation is pretty minor and won't be noticeable. I would continue installing the floor all the way to the walls. You will be leaving a small gap at the wall to allow expansion, and covering that with baseboard or trim. I have sometimes made an adjustment over several courses of flooring. Just adding a fingernail of additional width (not snugging up the boards as tight) can make a difference over several courses. You will need some chalk lines to use as reference points so you don't overdo it, or end up with a curve. If it was a larger error, I might share your concern, but this should only be noticeable to you when complete.
can i install hardwood flooring over tile?
ok, update on hardwood floor installation procedures
Improperly laid hardwood flooring
Hardwood flooring - basics - newbie
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight