My husband and I have just put down a ceramic floor, over linoleum 95% of the floor is fine but there are 5 tile that the grout keep cracking on, we have taken them up twice and replaced the grout up they keep cracking. any suggestion on how to fix this problem would be most helpful.
This is one of the problems that comes from setting ceramic tile over vinyl. If the vinyl is cushioned you can expect the rest of the floor to follow suit unless you get just plain lucky (with that kind of luck I'd definitely fo play the lottery) It could also be that the underlayment under the vinyl is too soft in one area causing the floor to flex. The movement first shows up at the weakest spot, the grout line. If nothing is done to correct it the tiles there will come loose and crack next. You may have to take up the tile in that area and drive some screws down into the subfloor to see if it can be tightened up enough to save the floor. Only time will tell
Thank's Tileguybob, this is not exactly what I wanted to here,but it is what I expected.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes