I need any advice I can get on how to remove wood floors from a concrete sub floor. The wood was glued to the concrete. I am replacing the wood with tile so I need to do as little damage as possible to the concrete.
Some of the tool rental centers have a scraping machine that is most often used to remove vinyl flooring and adhesive. Seeing that there are no nails holding down the wood, only adhesive, check with them to see if the machine will do that job. Other than that, manual scraping and lifting with a pry bar is the only way I see. You will need to remove the glue as much as possible to create a better bond for the tile thinset. Be careful about using petroleum based solvents, they leave a non-bonding residue behind in the cement. Some modified thinsets are rated to go over cutback adhesive, so that is the kind you want. Dont trust the advice at the big box stores, go to a tile retail store to get the thinset.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes