Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. My husband & I are doing some remodeling, and we're looking for some sort of non-slip floor other than carpeting. We have 4 very large dogs, so our new floors need to be easy to clean, durable, and non-slip. We currently have laminate in our dining room, and love every aspect of it except that the dogs tend to wipe out whenever they run through that room, even though I've strategically placed a few rubber-backed throw rugs.
I would love to install some kind of laminate or possibly sheet vinyl - can you tell me if any are truly non-slip, or if there's some sort of non-slip coating that can be used on them without damaging the flooring?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
How do I go about making my bathtub non slip?
Making stairs non-slip
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
Reglazing wall tile -- does it look crummy?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight