Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. My husband & I are doing some remodeling, and we're looking for some sort of non-slip floor other than carpeting. We have 4 very large dogs, so our new floors need to be easy to clean, durable, and non-slip. We currently have laminate in our dining room, and love every aspect of it except that the dogs tend to wipe out whenever they run through that room, even though I've strategically placed a few rubber-backed throw rugs.
I would love to install some kind of laminate or possibly sheet vinyl - can you tell me if any are truly non-slip, or if there's some sort of non-slip coating that can be used on them without damaging the flooring?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
How do I go about making my bathtub non slip?
Making stairs non-slip
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
Reglazing wall tile -- does it look crummy?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers