Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here. My husband & I are doing some remodeling, and we're looking for some sort of non-slip floor other than carpeting. We have 4 very large dogs, so our new floors need to be easy to clean, durable, and non-slip. We currently have laminate in our dining room, and love every aspect of it except that the dogs tend to wipe out whenever they run through that room, even though I've strategically placed a few rubber-backed throw rugs.
I would love to install some kind of laminate or possibly sheet vinyl - can you tell me if any are truly non-slip, or if there's some sort of non-slip coating that can be used on them without damaging the flooring?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
How do I go about making my bathtub non slip?
Making stairs non-slip
Looking for non-slip treatment for my ceramic steppi...
Reglazing wall tile -- does it look crummy?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects