I saw this snap edge tile at a local home center, the one with the blue triangle out front,and wanted to know if anybody has it and what the drawbacks might be. It's around $4.00sqft and looks pretty good from what I saw. It is REAL tile on top of pressboard, just laydown a rubberized underlayment and place the tile boards on top of that and snap it together, there are 2 tiles per board. Including the underlayment $15 roll and their $10.00 a bottle grout product it could get a lil pricey. But i think i can use my own sanded grout and roof felt for an underlayment. Final thought, Can roof felt be used "indoors" as a "SAFE" moisture barrier underlayment for a floor? My concern, is anything toxic given off from roof felt?
Looked around on the web and found NOTHING but bad things about this product, but thanks for any more input anybody has.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight