Does anyone know what the correct way to install laminate flooring under a toilet is? I have heard some saying to get a flange extender and/or extra thick wax ring to raise the toilet and then to install and caulk the flooring AROUND the flange (though this would mean any leaks would go under the flooring) and others saying that the flange is supposed to sit ON TOP of the flooring. Help!
Do NOT caulk around the toilet - I learned this on All American Handyman show on HGTV - by all means install the laminate under the toilet as you were told - but if you calk - that is what will cause a leak to go under the floor - if it is not caulked - you will notice right away of a leak as it will go on top of the floor first
Laminate Installation over Vinyl -- URGENT
debate with contractor about Pergo laminate installa...
Laminate flooring under cabinet edges
Self Leveling ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!