Does anyone know what the correct way to install laminate flooring under a toilet is? I have heard some saying to get a flange extender and/or extra thick wax ring to raise the toilet and then to install and caulk the flooring AROUND the flange (though this would mean any leaks would go under the flooring) and others saying that the flange is supposed to sit ON TOP of the flooring. Help!
Do NOT caulk around the toilet - I learned this on All American Handyman show on HGTV - by all means install the laminate under the toilet as you were told - but if you calk - that is what will cause a leak to go under the floor - if it is not caulked - you will notice right away of a leak as it will go on top of the floor first
Laminate Installation over Vinyl -- URGENT
debate with contractor about Pergo laminate installa...
Laminate flooring under cabinet edges
Self Leveling ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!