I need to tile an exterior entryway with mosaic tile. It is a very high traffic area and will be subject to winter weather. I am looking for solid color tiles also. Any suggestions on what I should use and where I can find them? This is an 8sf area.
You want to use a porcelain based tile as these do not absorb moisture and are not prone to cracking in a freeze/thaw cycle. Any good tile store would have them, Dal Tile makes a good one, so does American Olean and Crossville. Look for stores that carry those brands. You should use a good modified thinset to set the mosaics.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!