We have a house on the East Coast with Kentile floors. The house is 50 years old, and after a hurricane we took up the carpet to find black Kentile. It was still in fairly good shape, but some needed replacing, so we put in all new Kentile. We then bought rugs for the three main rooms and to keep them in place we used some type of rubber looking mesh things made for holding rugs in place. After about 15 years, we just this weekend removed the rugs to go back to just the tiles and the area covered by the mesh has raised dots all over the tile. It isn't residue from the rug holder, but rather raised dots from the Kentile. How do we go about smoothing this out? We have never had the floor buffed or waxed at all. Is it harmful for us to have it buffed? Will there be any risk from the buffing to our health (asbestos or otherwise?) Will buffing it get rid of the raised areas without ruining the look of the floor?
Thank you for any information you can provide to us on this, as we really love the floor and would love to keep it.
discontinued Kentile Terresque solid vinyl tiles in ...
Kentile Adobe Terresque
Kentile Solid Vinyl Tile
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!