Your enclosed porch probably has some warm air from the house entering the porch area and the moisture in this air will condense on the closest cold surface, which appears to be the roof. You don't say whether your aluminum roof is shingles or long panels, but it is possible that there is an ice dam forming allowing some melt-water to backup into whatever opening it finds. Adding insulation will minimize the transfer of heat to the roof of the porch (thereby minimizing the heat which creates the ice dam), but you will also need to install some kind of vapour barrier to prevent the moist warm air from the house from causing condensation inside the newly installed insulation.
Metal gambrel roof meeting lower pitched roof and le...
Porch Roof repair question
raising porch roof??
leaking porch roof at house wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!