Any suggestions on how to remove thin set from ceramic tiles? I have 14 tiles I have unseated from a terrazzo floor, but I have to reuse those tiles and need to remove the thin set.
I do this with a right angle grinder and a diamond cup wheel. Does a great job and is very quick. The cup wheel is about $100 so for you a cheaper alternative would be a diamond dry cut turbo blade for the grinder. DeWalt makes one sold at Home Depot for about $30. Use it to grind off the thinset. Makes a lot of dust so do it outside, wear a mask and eye protection. Put an old towel or pillow under the tile to keep it from breaking due to the vibration of the machine as it grinds the thinset. Hold the grinder slightly angled to the tile and drag the blade across the thinset. You will get the hang of it after awhile. Work from the middle of the tile out so you dont ding the edge of the tile.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes