Any suggestions on how to remove thin set from ceramic tiles? I have 14 tiles I have unseated from a terrazzo floor, but I have to reuse those tiles and need to remove the thin set.
I do this with a right angle grinder and a diamond cup wheel. Does a great job and is very quick. The cup wheel is about $100 so for you a cheaper alternative would be a diamond dry cut turbo blade for the grinder. DeWalt makes one sold at Home Depot for about $30. Use it to grind off the thinset. Makes a lot of dust so do it outside, wear a mask and eye protection. Put an old towel or pillow under the tile to keep it from breaking due to the vibration of the machine as it grinds the thinset. Hold the grinder slightly angled to the tile and drag the blade across the thinset. You will get the hang of it after awhile. Work from the middle of the tile out so you dont ding the edge of the tile.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!