Any suggestions on how to remove thin set from ceramic tiles? I have 14 tiles I have unseated from a terrazzo floor, but I have to reuse those tiles and need to remove the thin set.
I do this with a right angle grinder and a diamond cup wheel. Does a great job and is very quick. The cup wheel is about $100 so for you a cheaper alternative would be a diamond dry cut turbo blade for the grinder. DeWalt makes one sold at Home Depot for about $30. Use it to grind off the thinset. Makes a lot of dust so do it outside, wear a mask and eye protection. Put an old towel or pillow under the tile to keep it from breaking due to the vibration of the machine as it grinds the thinset. Hold the grinder slightly angled to the tile and drag the blade across the thinset. You will get the hang of it after awhile. Work from the middle of the tile out so you dont ding the edge of the tile.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight