Any suggestions on how to remove thin set from ceramic tiles? I have 14 tiles I have unseated from a terrazzo floor, but I have to reuse those tiles and need to remove the thin set.
I do this with a right angle grinder and a diamond cup wheel. Does a great job and is very quick. The cup wheel is about $100 so for you a cheaper alternative would be a diamond dry cut turbo blade for the grinder. DeWalt makes one sold at Home Depot for about $30. Use it to grind off the thinset. Makes a lot of dust so do it outside, wear a mask and eye protection. Put an old towel or pillow under the tile to keep it from breaking due to the vibration of the machine as it grinds the thinset. Hold the grinder slightly angled to the tile and drag the blade across the thinset. You will get the hang of it after awhile. Work from the middle of the tile out so you dont ding the edge of the tile.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!