I am planning on laying down a tile floor in a pattern. The patter looks like this:
the only difference is my tiles will be smaller - 6x6, 6x12, 12x12, 12x18
the floor we will be tiling is 150 square feet. (although the room is not square).
I do not know how to figure out how many of each tile I will need to order since the pattern is not squared off.
By my calculation, using the size tiles you mentioned, one unit would be a 3x3' square, or 9 square feet. The amount of each size tile should be the same in that diagram for the tile size you are using. For 150 sq ft you would need enough tile to make 17 units (9'x17units= 153 sq ft). So count up the number of each size tile making up one unit and multiply by 17 to get the amount you need. Get a few extra to allow for cuts along the walls. And you can cut the bigger ones down to a smaller size tile if you run short.
Cutting holes in porcelain tile
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
Italian Porcelain tile
HELP Please! new tile floor/toilet installation ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda