I am planning on laying down a tile floor in a pattern. The patter looks like this:
the only difference is my tiles will be smaller - 6x6, 6x12, 12x12, 12x18
the floor we will be tiling is 150 square feet. (although the room is not square).
I do not know how to figure out how many of each tile I will need to order since the pattern is not squared off.
By my calculation, using the size tiles you mentioned, one unit would be a 3x3' square, or 9 square feet. The amount of each size tile should be the same in that diagram for the tile size you are using. For 150 sq ft you would need enough tile to make 17 units (9'x17units= 153 sq ft). So count up the number of each size tile making up one unit and multiply by 17 to get the amount you need. Get a few extra to allow for cuts along the walls. And you can cut the bigger ones down to a smaller size tile if you run short.
Cutting holes in porcelain tile
Cleaning an old yellowed & dirty ceramic bathroom ti...
Italian Porcelain tile
HELP Please! new tile floor/toilet installation ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight