I am planning on laying down a tile floor in a pattern. The patter looks like this:
the only difference is my tiles will be smaller - 6x6, 6x12, 12x12, 12x18
the floor we will be tiling is 150 square feet. (although the room is not square).
I do not know how to figure out how many of each tile I will need to order since the pattern is not squared off.
By my calculation, using the size tiles you mentioned, one unit would be a 3x3' square, or 9 square feet. The amount of each size tile should be the same in that diagram for the tile size you are using. For 150 sq ft you would need enough tile to make 17 units (9'x17units= 153 sq ft). So count up the number of each size tile making up one unit and multiply by 17 to get the amount you need. Get a few extra to allow for cuts along the walls. And you can cut the bigger ones down to a smaller size tile if you run short.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes