I am about 3 boxes into my first pergo project. Using Pergo Everyday flooring.
I began to notice that the butt end joints were not as smooth as they should be. I noticed a gap in one, and could feel a difference in level on the others rather than feeling a smooth transition like the long joints.
I called Pergo & spoke w/them. they confirmed this did not sound normal. I then called the local pergo rep and it turns out I may have been doing it wrong. DOH!! I was installing the long end first, then tapping the board to get the short end into place.
Here's the question: on the pergo video, it shows the peices being put as follows: the short end was put in place, then the current board was lifted up a bit and the new plank was slid down and into the long seam.
HOWEVER< the pergo rep I spoke with recommended that I actually install an entire row at a time. In other words, I assemble all of the butt joints of a row, then bo back and install the long seam all at once with every row. Does this make sense?
The way the video does it does not seem to wokr, because once the butt end seam is clicked into place, it does not slid over so you can meet the long seam.
the way I was doing it, I would install planks 1, 2 & 3 below... then 4, then the long end of five, tapping the short ends together, etc.
the way pergo guy said to do it, i would hook up 5, 6 & 7, then all at once hook that into 1, 2 & 3.
but again, this is different from the video, which showed 4 being installed, then the short end of 5 hooked into four and slid in to connect to the long seam.
if you made it this far, thank you. please reply with YOUR method. I think I just wasted a lot of time and about 3 boxes of pergo if I ruined those butt end joints by tapping them all into place.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips