I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. I basically gutted everything, and am putting in a shower/whirlpool combo with the surround tiled.
One problem I ran into is that the apron in front of the whirlpool is 5" outand the whirlpool lip is about 4" out. So it takes quite a large stretch to get in there. The way it is set up now, I can't really move the apron back because it lines up with a stud for tiling.
Someone had recommended putting a built in step covered in ceramic tile. I haven't seen many of these, but the idea sounds good. is there a way to make the step safe (wet ceramic tile is probably pretty slippery)? Any help would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!