I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. I basically gutted everything, and am putting in a shower/whirlpool combo with the surround tiled.
One problem I ran into is that the apron in front of the whirlpool is 5" outand the whirlpool lip is about 4" out. So it takes quite a large stretch to get in there. The way it is set up now, I can't really move the apron back because it lines up with a stud for tiling.
Someone had recommended putting a built in step covered in ceramic tile. I haven't seen many of these, but the idea sounds good. is there a way to make the step safe (wet ceramic tile is probably pretty slippery)? Any help would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!