I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. I basically gutted everything, and am putting in a shower/whirlpool combo with the surround tiled.
One problem I ran into is that the apron in front of the whirlpool is 5" outand the whirlpool lip is about 4" out. So it takes quite a large stretch to get in there. The way it is set up now, I can't really move the apron back because it lines up with a stud for tiling.
Someone had recommended putting a built in step covered in ceramic tile. I haven't seen many of these, but the idea sounds good. is there a way to make the step safe (wet ceramic tile is probably pretty slippery)? Any help would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips