Stuff is garbage. We've had it in a kitchen for 4 years. The product is not durable and nicks real easy. I would never use it again and would never recommend it. I was in a flooring store the other day buying carpet and mentioned it and the sales person said it is one of the most complained about products.
Horrible floor. Starting looking awful after a few months. Chips and dents for no reason. Now after a couple years there are cracks throughout. A complete waste of my hard earned money. I feel cheated. I should have gone with regular tile.
I had dura ceramic installed professionally 5 years ago and started noticing gouges and scratches within a year. The company came out twice to inspect and they indicated to me that I was the only customer that had this problem! They actually provided me with crayons and clear satin varnish so I could repair the floor myself!
I would never recommend this product.
I would never recommend this product.
I also purchased the dura ceramic, loved it when it was first laid down, looked great,then the nicks started. I also called the company that did the install they would not stand behind the product. They wouldn't even return my calls. Then I e-mailed Congoleum did not get much satifaction there either. I agree with the rest of the comments, Congoleum does not stand by or honor thier own product. I am really disappointed because I thought I was buying something that was going to hold up. Other then occational company its only me and I do not abuse my kitchen floor. In fact I cringe when I drop something that will chip it. In fact I dropped my son's keys one time and it chipped the floor. Not impressed at all.
I had my brother in law install our in our kitchen, and we love it. It may be some other brand then what you all have. You also have to use a certain kind of grout made for Dura ceramic tile. We have had it for 5 years and looks new.
i am starting the warranty process tonight. white spots showing up all over after 2 years. hope i can get results.
I am in the process of adding a new kitchen and my contractor mentioned this particular tile. Dura ceramic so I decided to research the product and I am so glad I did. There is no way I am buying this stuff and no way I am buying from Congoleum if they do not back their warranty claims. So sorry for all of you who had to experience these messes with your hard earned money. For me, I am staying far away from this company. Period!
As others have stated, I loved the floor when it was first installed a few years ago. It wasn't long before the problems started showing up....little "dings" where the white surface has peeled away, "spider webs" of little cracks in a few tiles and dingy, discolored sealant. I was on the floor on my hands and knees again today with a scrub brush to clean the areas that trap dirt - then to hide the dings with craft paint and a tiny paintbrush. The same tile is still lovely upstairs on the sun porch where there's little traffic, but didn't hold up to the constant traffic of the kitchen. We'll have to replace it soon.....
I have had duraceramic for 1 year and what a rip off. The top layer is like a piece of tissue and the least little thing will put a ding in the floor. I went to the craft store and got paint to touch up places. I have touched up a dozen or more places--this is ridiculous for a floor just months old. It is just my husband and me with no pets. I also had it put in two bathrooms and the utility room. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!! I will never buy or recommend a Congoleum product to my family or friends and I am posting this info to as many places that I possibly can!!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs