HOw long should you let backboard set before you install ceramic tiles?
Ideally, if tou can give it overnight for the thinset to set up under the boards, that would be best, but tile is set all the time right after the boards are placed. The seams should be covered with mesh tape and coated with modified thinset. We usually recommend to do this when setting the tile as the tape/thinset combo when done beforehand causes a small ridge which could become visible with smaller tile being used. If you do place the tape beforehand you want the thinset coating to dry so you are not constantly stepping on the drying thinset.
cement backerboard over concrete slab
Cement Backerboard Installation ? (mortar underneath?)
backerboard on wall?
Concrete backerboard over concrete slab
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!