HOw long should you let backboard set before you install ceramic tiles?
Ideally, if tou can give it overnight for the thinset to set up under the boards, that would be best, but tile is set all the time right after the boards are placed. The seams should be covered with mesh tape and coated with modified thinset. We usually recommend to do this when setting the tile as the tape/thinset combo when done beforehand causes a small ridge which could become visible with smaller tile being used. If you do place the tape beforehand you want the thinset coating to dry so you are not constantly stepping on the drying thinset.
cement backerboard over concrete slab
Cement Backerboard Installation ? (mortar underneath?)
backerboard on wall?
Concrete backerboard over concrete slab
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight