we just bought a house and are remodeling it. We pulled the carpet up and it has original hardwood floors. We are going to refinish them, but my question is what do you do about the gaps that are between the floor and baseboards?
I would suggest pulling your baseboards from the wall before you refinished the hardwood floor, If you don't you will probably see a difference where the refinishing ended because of baseboard. Oh yeh, And number your baseboard to place in the same location and when finish with floor drop the baseboards so that rest on the floor and eliminate the gap. It will look better. Hope that helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!