Does anybody have any advice on turning a corner in a narrow hallway when laying down laminate flooring?
I laid down laminate in one of our bedrooms with no problem. I do know that the laminate should go parallel to the length of the hallway and all that, but at the end of the hall there is a ninety-degree turn to the right (then it's a few steps to the bathroom). I'd rather not have a "cross-planked" look along that part of the hall.
So is it possible to miter the flooring at 45 degrees, so that the flooring "turns" the corner at the end of the hall? If so, would a T molding be advisable where the two directions meet?
I have searched online and haven't been able to find a "how-to" that covers this subject. Other questions occur to me, like whether I would start laying the flooring at the turn/miter and then work outward.
Thanks in advance for whatever guidance you guys can offer.
Angus in Baton Rouge
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes