Does anybody have any advice on turning a corner in a narrow hallway when laying down laminate flooring?
I laid down laminate in one of our bedrooms with no problem. I do know that the laminate should go parallel to the length of the hallway and all that, but at the end of the hall there is a ninety-degree turn to the right (then it's a few steps to the bathroom). I'd rather not have a "cross-planked" look along that part of the hall.
So is it possible to miter the flooring at 45 degrees, so that the flooring "turns" the corner at the end of the hall? If so, would a T molding be advisable where the two directions meet?
I have searched online and haven't been able to find a "how-to" that covers this subject. Other questions occur to me, like whether I would start laying the flooring at the turn/miter and then work outward.
Thanks in advance for whatever guidance you guys can offer.
Angus in Baton Rouge
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs