Hi all, I recently found out I've got asbestos in the tile and mastic throughout my house. The stuff was in pretty bad shape, so I took it up with scrapers and Bean-e-Doo.
Anywho, I'd like to put a seal down in the rooms I'll be carpeting (the thinset will take care of the rooms I'm tiling), just to make certain any residue or asbestos left in cracks isn't an issue. Any suggestions / recommendations for a sealant? I've alternately heard / read that I can use Ardex Feather Finish, a self-leveling compound like LevelQuik or Custom Buildling Product's SpeedFinish (SpeedFinish was recommended to me by a guy from Custom Building Product).
I'd like to avoid having to trowel anything on if I could, I'm just wondering if stuff like LevelQuick or SpeedFinish will hold up over the years with carpet on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide