Hi all, I recently found out I've got asbestos in the tile and mastic throughout my house. The stuff was in pretty bad shape, so I took it up with scrapers and Bean-e-Doo.
Anywho, I'd like to put a seal down in the rooms I'll be carpeting (the thinset will take care of the rooms I'm tiling), just to make certain any residue or asbestos left in cracks isn't an issue. Any suggestions / recommendations for a sealant? I've alternately heard / read that I can use Ardex Feather Finish, a self-leveling compound like LevelQuik or Custom Buildling Product's SpeedFinish (SpeedFinish was recommended to me by a guy from Custom Building Product).
I'd like to avoid having to trowel anything on if I could, I'm just wondering if stuff like LevelQuick or SpeedFinish will hold up over the years with carpet on it.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING