Hi all, I recently found out I've got asbestos in the tile and mastic throughout my house. The stuff was in pretty bad shape, so I took it up with scrapers and Bean-e-Doo.
Anywho, I'd like to put a seal down in the rooms I'll be carpeting (the thinset will take care of the rooms I'm tiling), just to make certain any residue or asbestos left in cracks isn't an issue. Any suggestions / recommendations for a sealant? I've alternately heard / read that I can use Ardex Feather Finish, a self-leveling compound like LevelQuik or Custom Buildling Product's SpeedFinish (SpeedFinish was recommended to me by a guy from Custom Building Product).
I'd like to avoid having to trowel anything on if I could, I'm just wondering if stuff like LevelQuick or SpeedFinish will hold up over the years with carpet on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes