We are building a new bathroom and I may have given myself a really big headache of a repair. We chose black granite mirror-like tiles for the shower and grey grout.
Unfortunately, after applying the grout, we had some major distractions around here, and I failed to clean the most of it off of the tiles right away. When I got back to it, I found cloudy spots on the granite tiles that are really hard to remove. (I can't even tell if I'm really removing them - it takes about 20 minutes of polishing on a single spot to notice a change).
The question: is there any cleaning product or method I can use to remove these stains (and hopefully not take a few months to do it)? Thanks for any help you can offer.
You have to be careful about what kind of cleaners yoyu use on stonne tile as some may etch the stone or dull the polished surface. A professional stone refinisher could bring the shine back so all may not be lost. Try the forum at www.stoneadvice.com A lot of stone refinishers hang out over there and may have advice on the proper procedures. Get the name of your granite so they know exactly what type of stone it is.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide