We are building a new bathroom and I may have given myself a really big headache of a repair. We chose black granite mirror-like tiles for the shower and grey grout.
Unfortunately, after applying the grout, we had some major distractions around here, and I failed to clean the most of it off of the tiles right away. When I got back to it, I found cloudy spots on the granite tiles that are really hard to remove. (I can't even tell if I'm really removing them - it takes about 20 minutes of polishing on a single spot to notice a change).
The question: is there any cleaning product or method I can use to remove these stains (and hopefully not take a few months to do it)? Thanks for any help you can offer.
You have to be careful about what kind of cleaners yoyu use on stonne tile as some may etch the stone or dull the polished surface. A professional stone refinisher could bring the shine back so all may not be lost. Try the forum at www.stoneadvice.com A lot of stone refinishers hang out over there and may have advice on the proper procedures. Get the name of your granite so they know exactly what type of stone it is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes