We are building a new bathroom and I may have given myself a really big headache of a repair. We chose black granite mirror-like tiles for the shower and grey grout.
Unfortunately, after applying the grout, we had some major distractions around here, and I failed to clean the most of it off of the tiles right away. When I got back to it, I found cloudy spots on the granite tiles that are really hard to remove. (I can't even tell if I'm really removing them - it takes about 20 minutes of polishing on a single spot to notice a change).
The question: is there any cleaning product or method I can use to remove these stains (and hopefully not take a few months to do it)? Thanks for any help you can offer.
You have to be careful about what kind of cleaners yoyu use on stonne tile as some may etch the stone or dull the polished surface. A professional stone refinisher could bring the shine back so all may not be lost. Try the forum at www.stoneadvice.com A lot of stone refinishers hang out over there and may have advice on the proper procedures. Get the name of your granite so they know exactly what type of stone it is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!