We are building a new bathroom and I may have given myself a really big headache of a repair. We chose black granite mirror-like tiles for the shower and grey grout.
Unfortunately, after applying the grout, we had some major distractions around here, and I failed to clean the most of it off of the tiles right away. When I got back to it, I found cloudy spots on the granite tiles that are really hard to remove. (I can't even tell if I'm really removing them - it takes about 20 minutes of polishing on a single spot to notice a change).
The question: is there any cleaning product or method I can use to remove these stains (and hopefully not take a few months to do it)? Thanks for any help you can offer.
You have to be careful about what kind of cleaners yoyu use on stonne tile as some may etch the stone or dull the polished surface. A professional stone refinisher could bring the shine back so all may not be lost. Try the forum at www.stoneadvice.com A lot of stone refinishers hang out over there and may have advice on the proper procedures. Get the name of your granite so they know exactly what type of stone it is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!