when installing a hardwood floor, is it better to use prefinished oak (which already comes with the stain and polyurathene coating from the factory), or is it better to first install unfinished oak and then sand, stain and put a polyurathene coat? thanks in advance for advice.
Now sure if you received an answer to your question, but I would always suggest prefinished over raw when installing hardwood. When your wood is prefinished, you have the manufacturers "baked on" finish with Aluminum Oxide. You will most likely not achieve the same type of look when doing a raw sand & stain hardwood.
Hope that helps.
Hope that helps.
WOOD FLOORS---WHAT'S BEST????
Had my hardwood floors refinished...is this result a...
Wood Flooring Install Questoin
Wood Block Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight