when installing a hardwood floor, is it better to use prefinished oak (which already comes with the stain and polyurathene coating from the factory), or is it better to first install unfinished oak and then sand, stain and put a polyurathene coat? thanks in advance for advice.
Now sure if you received an answer to your question, but I would always suggest prefinished over raw when installing hardwood. When your wood is prefinished, you have the manufacturers "baked on" finish with Aluminum Oxide. You will most likely not achieve the same type of look when doing a raw sand & stain hardwood.
Hope that helps.
Hope that helps.
WOOD FLOORS---WHAT'S BEST????
Had my hardwood floors refinished...is this result a...
Wood Flooring Install Questoin
Wood Block Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight