when installing a hardwood floor, is it better to use prefinished oak (which already comes with the stain and polyurathene coating from the factory), or is it better to first install unfinished oak and then sand, stain and put a polyurathene coat? thanks in advance for advice.
Now sure if you received an answer to your question, but I would always suggest prefinished over raw when installing hardwood. When your wood is prefinished, you have the manufacturers "baked on" finish with Aluminum Oxide. You will most likely not achieve the same type of look when doing a raw sand & stain hardwood.
Hope that helps.
Hope that helps.
WOOD FLOORS---WHAT'S BEST????
Had my hardwood floors refinished...is this result a...
Wood Flooring Install Questoin
Wood Block Floors
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers