I'm planning to do a flooring upgrade on a third-floor condo with either Schon Quik-Clic engineered wood or Dupont "Real Touch Elite".
The cost seems to be able an extra $1.50 a square foot for the Schon, which is probably noise in the grand scheme of things.
What I'd like to understand are the following:
*) is the built-in underlayment of the dupont product good enough to avoid my neighbors below complaining (it appears that for about $.50/sq. ft. I can buy a pretty good underlayment for the Schon)
*) Is one more durable than the other?
*) How much difference is there in the difficulty of installing these two.
*) Will one improve the resale value of the house more than the other.
Thanks in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!