I just had my kitchen remodeled and used a beautiful travertine tile that was unfilled. I thought it wouldn't be a problem and that I could use a vacuum sweeper to clean it. But stuff gets lodged in those holes and the floor gets really clean.
Is there a way I can fill in the bigger holes with some type of clear acrylic? The tiles were way too expensive to replace and I love the look of the holes in the tile.
Tell me there's a way to do this!
Did you ever find a clear product to fill the travertine holes? I'm on a quest for exactly this. I can't understand why people want to disguise the beautiful characteristics of the stone by using colored grout. I want to fill the holes with a resin or epoxy to keep the holes clean, but not change the look. I'm in the minority! Someone help me understand what I need to learn here!
travertine tile shower
Travertine Tile Not Set Level
Applying Grout to Travertine Tile
Help! Grout is dried on travertine tile backsplash!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs