We had water damage in our condo and had to remove the wall to wall carpet that had been placed over a very nice parquet floor years ago, before we bought it.
Now, like our neighbors, we have decided to keep the parquet rather than re-carpet. We don't want to sand and refinish -- it does not really need it.
What it really needs is a proper cleaning and waxing. It has a few surface scrathes and stains.
Some neighbors use Murphys Oil Soap or vinegar and water, but I understand water in not good for wood floors, especially those that are unsealed.
I believe this floor was wax finished when in the 1960 when it was installed, but it now varies a lot and is gone in some places.
The color is mostly a medium dark mahogany, with some surface scratches and stains.
Any advice would sure be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools