I see in some restaurants they have the large tiles on the walls .
I have a bathroom off of my garage that is constructed of cinderblock.
Is is possible for me to put tile on these block walls? Would I need an underlayment or can I just put them on the wall.? If so , what is the procedure to do this. Thanks
Any paint or sealer should be wire brushed off the blocks first, than additional grinding may be needed to get the wall as flat as possible. A modified thinset shuld be used to adhere the tiles to the blocks. It may be a good idea to set a ledger board on the wall to support the first row of tile, then add a few more rows using spacers to maintain a grout joint. Remove the ledger board the next day after the thinset sets up and fit cut pieces into the bottom row. Most floors are not flat or level so dont expect to set a full tile on the floor and work up from there.
Ceramic Tile on Bathroom Ceiling
removing bathroom cermaic tile from plaster walls
How do I secure the kitchen island to porcelain tile...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!