I am currently installing a shower and along with it I am going to tile the bathroom, entry foyer, and kitchen floors alike; they do all run together. The bath and foyer are now standard 3/4" hardwood floor and the kitchen is sheet lanolium. My question is can I go over the top of all of it or do I have to take everything down to the sub floor? If you know any pros and cons of the situation I would appreciate your advice. Thank you!
All that stuff has to come out and be replaced with plywood and cement board. There is too much movement and it will cause your tile to crack or come loose, sooner than later.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!