I have newly re-finished pine floors and know I need to be careful about using rubber-backed carpets directly on the wood. I need to find a low-profile door mat / carpet to place in the entry way to my house. Any suggestions for what kind of backing the mat / rug can have? I found several styles which might work: "dirt trapper" with a Non-skid latex backing at ProblemSolvers --- Low Profile Custom Water Trap Mat with a Anti-slip rubber backing from Brookstone --- Waterhog Mat with an Anti-slip rubber backing from Brookstone ---
I would like something that is safe to use on my wood floor. Machine washable would be a real plus besides.
Thanks ahead of time for all the good suggestions !!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!