I have newly re-finished pine floors and know I need to be careful about using rubber-backed carpets directly on the wood. I need to find a low-profile door mat / carpet to place in the entry way to my house. Any suggestions for what kind of backing the mat / rug can have? I found several styles which might work: "dirt trapper" with a Non-skid latex backing at ProblemSolvers --- Low Profile Custom Water Trap Mat with a Anti-slip rubber backing from Brookstone --- Waterhog Mat with an Anti-slip rubber backing from Brookstone ---
I would like something that is safe to use on my wood floor. Machine washable would be a real plus besides.
Thanks ahead of time for all the good suggestions !!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight