I am going to be installing a tile backsplash in my kitchen. It is currently just drywall. Is there any special procedure for spacing out the receptacles and light switches to accomodate the depth of the tile?
Thank-you in advance for any help you can offer.
They make some cool boxes that have screws on the side to change the depth of the box. But for normal boxes; we usually cut as tight as possible to the box making sure the screw holes remain open. When resetting the plug , The ears at the top of the plug should rest on the tile and then you'll need to get longer screws to reinstall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love