I am going to be installing a tile backsplash in my kitchen. It is currently just drywall. Is there any special procedure for spacing out the receptacles and light switches to accomodate the depth of the tile?
Thank-you in advance for any help you can offer.
They make some cool boxes that have screws on the side to change the depth of the box. But for normal boxes; we usually cut as tight as possible to the box making sure the screw holes remain open. When resetting the plug , The ears at the top of the plug should rest on the tile and then you'll need to get longer screws to reinstall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips