Is there anything I can use to clean my hardwood floors that have a lot of grey worn areas? House is 60 years old and there were area rugs covering worn spots 14 years ago when we bought the house. Hubby has bad asthma so can't have carpet so worn spots have expanded....couldn't afford refinishing then and the house has taken all our nest egg money with major repairs (I am 70) so until we can refinish what can I use to wash the floors? I had used Murphys in the past but that seemed to make the dark areas worse so have just vacuumed them since summer and need to clean them -- son that lives out of area has a one year old and is coming to visit and the poor child will be dirty from the floor.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also, please tell me the dark areas are not mold from washing the floos with water and Murphys.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes