I have an oak floor which has not been sealed for over a decade. It also has dent marks and bare wood spots from damage over the years (e.g. dropped objects). I do not want to spend the money to sand down the floor and refinish it. If I am trying to preserve the current condition and prevent it from getting worse, what would you recommend? The only thing which I had been doing was applying murphy's oil periodically, but even that is probably bad given that there are patches of floor which are bare (e.g. protective finish was chipped off).
I would prefer to use something which does not require days to dry. I would also like to know if there are products which have less fumes. Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!