I have an oak floor which has not been sealed for over a decade. It also has dent marks and bare wood spots from damage over the years (e.g. dropped objects). I do not want to spend the money to sand down the floor and refinish it. If I am trying to preserve the current condition and prevent it from getting worse, what would you recommend? The only thing which I had been doing was applying murphy's oil periodically, but even that is probably bad given that there are patches of floor which are bare (e.g. protective finish was chipped off).
I would prefer to use something which does not require days to dry. I would also like to know if there are products which have less fumes. Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!