I have an oak floor which has not been sealed for over a decade. It also has dent marks and bare wood spots from damage over the years (e.g. dropped objects). I do not want to spend the money to sand down the floor and refinish it. If I am trying to preserve the current condition and prevent it from getting worse, what would you recommend? The only thing which I had been doing was applying murphy's oil periodically, but even that is probably bad given that there are patches of floor which are bare (e.g. protective finish was chipped off).
I would prefer to use something which does not require days to dry. I would also like to know if there are products which have less fumes. Any advice would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight