I needto raise the level of my concrete slab to bring it up to the level of adjacent rooms carpet and Hardwood flooring. The amount I need to raise it is approx 3/4". I bought hardie cement backer board, but I read this is not a good idea. Although it was what was suggested by our local lowes, we use the hardie backer board and thin set motar to attach it to the concrete slab. I plan on putting ceramic tile over it.
I am at a loss. I have had problems using self leveling compounds in the past, and also though this would be too thick for SLC.
Any good ideas?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love