I needto raise the level of my concrete slab to bring it up to the level of adjacent rooms carpet and Hardwood flooring. The amount I need to raise it is approx 3/4". I bought hardie cement backer board, but I read this is not a good idea. Although it was what was suggested by our local lowes, we use the hardie backer board and thin set motar to attach it to the concrete slab. I plan on putting ceramic tile over it.
I am at a loss. I have had problems using self leveling compounds in the past, and also though this would be too thick for SLC.
Any good ideas?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING